Headquartered outside of Washington DC, Kion is a fast-growing, Series A-stage startup that develops the leading cloud enablement solution supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. Kion is trusted for making our customers’ journey to the cloud more efficient, secure, and transparent. Do you enjoy challenging, fast-paced environments that mix your technical and soft skills - working directly with one of the largest public sector cloud customers - but with the culture and perks of a cool startup? Are you passionate about the cloud and think it is changing the world? Looking to take your knowledge and experience and leverage it to make life easier for cloud consumers? You're the person we're looking for as our DevOps Engineer!
Kion is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to support customer engagement by providing product and cloud expertise to foster Kion adoption and build fans. The DevOps Engineer will contribute to this customer engagement by understanding where the customer stands in their adoption of the cloud, where they want to go, and showing how Kion can facilitate that journey. In addition to providing direction, the DevOps Engineer will help to define and implement technical solutions integrating other tools and products to help customers build an environment that makes it easy to operate in the cloud.
- Manage customer stakeholders’ expectations by communicating plans and progress regularly and effectively.
- Engage with customers and customer teams to understand challenges, collaborate on solutions, and navigate through uncertain or unclear directions toward a rock-solid solution, clear expectations, and a plan forward.
- Conduct meetings and present technical solutions to stakeholders across the client and partner organizations
- Monitor and manage the team JIRA ticketing queue to ensure tickets are prioritized and completed within their given Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Actively participate in the Scrum process, ensuring that our work gets completed efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with Kion Delivery & Support, DevOps Engineering, and our core software development team on strategies and plans to help exceed our customer expectations!
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- 3+ years of experience writing infrastructure as code such as CloudFormation and crafting JSON AWS IAM policies
- 3+ years of experience writing, supporting, and maintaining Bash, Go, or Python scripts to automate processes or workflows.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS managing infrastructure, networking, databases, and/or other cloud solutions.
- 2+ years of experience working through basic SQL queries to view, modify, and delete data.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Experience interacting with customers and leading design sessions to whiteboard, solution, and troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Proven history of outstanding customer service — customer obsession is a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ensuring your team members and the customer are aware of your day-to-day success, challenges, and blockers.
- Experience building solutions for cross-platform automation (Linux, macOS, Windows).
- Experience architecting, deploying, optimizing, and maintaining solutions in AWS.
- Experience working with enterprise-scale infrastructure, including understanding the ins and outs of a corporate network, authentication, backup policy, and other similar technologies.
- Experience integrating solutions with third-party APIs, scripts, connectors, and plug-ins.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional.
- Other certification(s) from major cloud providers(s) such as Azure or GCP.
- Experience achieving compliance and regulatory requirements, security audit experience.
- Experience using Atlassian tools, such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with federal government customers and clientele.
- Experience with container-based technologies like Docker.
- Experience helping to optimize costs within a public cloud provider.
- Experience with Linux and the Linux command line.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- Kion is a remote-first company. We offer a 100% remote work schedule (US only) as well as an in-office or hybrid schedule if you are local to the DC-Maryland-Virginia area.
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Monthly engagements to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At Kion, we are focused on making people's lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary Kion cloud enablement solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!