Headquartered outside of Washington DC, Kion is a fast-growing, Series A-stage startup that develops the leading cloud enablement solution supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. Kion is trusted for making customers’ journey to the cloud more efficient, secure, and transparent. Are you technically minded, but love interacting with people? Do you want the opportunity to build; apply your understanding of cloud, enterprise IT architecture, and integrations; and impact and drive the direction of our core application? If so, we're looking for you!
The Senior Solutions Delivery Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that Kion’s current and future customers successfully test, evaluate, and implement the Kion platform to execute their organizational cloud governance strategy. You will lead the technical delivery and customer success of evaluations and platform onboardings to include:
- Customizing and delivering Kion platform demonstrations
- Identifying customers’ requirements and critical success factors
- Installing and configuring the Kion platform for both customer evaluations and production AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud environments.
- Establishing and executing a baseline cloud governance strategy focused on account management, security and compliance automation, and cost management and enforcement
- Identifying opportunities for horizontal integration across the customer enterprise and existing investments in enterprise toolsets
As a Senior Solutions Delivery Manager, you will own the customer success journey and focus on our core mission to turn customers into fans. As the dedicated technical resource for existing and prospective customers, you will shepherd customers through their Kion journey, focusing on deployments and configurations as well as interfacing with internal engineering and product teams to prioritize new features and help shape the future of the Kion application.
- Delivering platform demonstrations and technical deep dives.
- Leading and managing guided evaluations with customers
- Installing and configuring the platform within AWS, Azure, and GCP environments.
- Designing a repeatable process for onboarding end-users into the platform within a customer's environment.
- Ensuring that success criteria are being evaluated and satisfied throughout the evaluation period.
- Installing and configuring production environments, leading technical and non-technical training, and integrating Kion within the customer's enterprise architecture.
- Owning the customer journey, including providing self-service tools to customers and handling support escalations.
- Representing customer feedback and requests in the product engineering and design process, helping to shape the product roadmap and feature set.
- Being a collaborative member of a highly driven and focused team.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- A tendency to obsess over customer service and support satisfaction.
- Experience developing and delivering product training to customers.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of one or more cloud service providers.
- Experience supporting projects with central authentication mechanisms such as SAML, Active Directory, or LDAP, with a focus on role-based access control.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high-quality, enterprise-scale solutions, preferably on a leading cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience supporting network architectures in enterprise environments.
- Experience working in both virtualized and cloud environments across technologies such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical areas of study.
- 5+ years of enterprise IT application and integration experience.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Up to 25% travel (when safe!) is required to support customers, predominantly in the DC/Maryland/Virginia metropolitan area.
OUR WISH LIST (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE):
- Understanding of security and compliance regimes, such as HIPAA, FedRAMP, PCI, and CIS, including the accreditation and certification process for commercial and federal customers.
- AWS, Azure, or GCP technical certification.
- Previous experience in a pre-or post-sales delivery or consulting role at a product company.
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform, Azure ARM Templates, or CloudFormation.
- Comfort within the Linux command line running basic troubleshooting commands.
- Experience integrating REST APIs.
- Experience working with MySQL.
- Experience using scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell.
YOU WILL EXCEL IN THE ROLE IF YOU ARE:
- Able to learn new technologies quickly and easily.
- Able to adapt to customer demands and questions and can "think on your feet".
- A natural at communication and customer service.
- Able to take highly technical concepts, break these into easily digestible formats, and communicate them back to multiple levels of an organization.
- Present the value of the feature to a customer, rather than just focusing on how it works.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- Kion is a remote-first company. We offer a 100% remote work schedule (US only) as well as an in-office or hybrid schedule if you are local to the DC-Maryland-Virginia area.
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Regular virtual engagements to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At Kion, we are focused on making people's lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary Kion cloud enablement solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time being enabled by their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!